The Waimate Medical Centre provides a range of preventative and treatment based health care services to our patients, including:
• ACC treatment by a GP or practice nurse
• Annual Diabetic Review
• Blood tests/ blood pressure checks
• Care Plus – preventative healthcare service
• Child immunisations
• CVD – Heart disease risk assessment
• Emergency medical care
• GP and nurse consultations
• Smear tests
• Smoke free clinic
• Travel immunisations and health checks
• Free under 25 yr old sexual health check
• Drivers Medical – longer appointment required so please advise reception
Book an appointment
To make an appointment with one of our Doctors or nursing team please phone reception on 03) 689 8016.
Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm.
Our phone line is answered 24 hours a day.
Patients may request:
- A chaperone to be present at time of a consultation.
- Seek a second opinion.
- Informed Consent – Full information and time to think before you decide on a service or treatment.
PRIME (Primary Response in Medical Emergency)
Waimate Medical Centre is on call 24/7 to respond to serious 111 calls. We appreciate our patient’s flexibility when this delays us or results in appointments needing to be rescheduled.
Standard appointments are scheduled for 15 minute intervals. It is usually only possible to deal with one problem in that time.
If you think you will need more time please remember to book a longer appointment, which will incur an extra fee. For long term medical problems it is helpful if you could book 2-3 days ahead.
We make every effort to run to time but on occasion unexpected emergencies or a consultation running over time will cause delays.
You need to allow 48 hours for repeat prescription requests.
Repeat prescriptions may be available by telephoning the practice on 689 8016. You will be advised if you are able to have a repeat prescription without an appointment, or if an appointment is necessary before a repeat prescription can be issued to you.
House calls are available in some circumstances, and are arranged by contacting the nurse. There is a house call fee to cover both travel and the extra time involved.
Nurse consultations are available by appointment.
Services covered include immunisations (including travel and influenza vaccinations), dressings, cervical smear tests, liquid nitrogen treatment, blood pressure follow up, diet and health education and others. Nurses consultation fees apply.
There is a dressing fee to cover the cost of materials and the nurse's time.
Test results can take up to 3 working days to come back to us. We will contact you if any results require follow-up or are abnormal.
Outside of our normal hours of business urgent medical assistance is available by telephoning 689 8016.
Please note that after hours service does incur a higher fee than services during normal working hours.
A schedule of patient fees is displayed in the waiting room in the practice. This schedule displays our current fees for seeing a doctor and practice nurse. Payment is expected on the day of your consultation.
Where payment is not made at the time of your consultation a late payment fee will apply.
This practice charges a co-payment for all ACC consultations and procedures.
- All patients are expected to pay in full at the time of their consultation.
- An administration and booking fee will apply to all accounts not paid on the day of consultation.
- Unpaid accounts will be sent to Debt collection. The patient is liable for all debt collection costs.
- We reserve the right to refuse to provide non urgent medical treatment to any patient whose unpaid account has been sent to debt collection.
Patient advocacy and information
Patients can access information on their rights from:
Advocacy Service: 0800 555 050
Health and Disability Service: 0800 11 22 33
Privacy Commissioner: 0800 803 909
Language Line: 0800 565 656