WE'RE WORKING TOGETHER
Dear patients, be confident that we're taking care to ensure our community remains safe and well cared for now and in coming weeks.
We believe Waimate is well placed to minimize the impact of Covid 19. Our connected, functional community has a solid health work force and we are working together to ensure ongoing great care.
We are in frequent contact with staff at the District Health Board in South Canterbury and others to ensure we're available to meet all your needs
At this time we're working hard to keep infection out of Waimate. We are running regular drive through clinics to vaccinate against COVID 19. To book a spot in one of these clinics please go to bookmyvaccine.nz or telephone 0800 28 29 26.
We are offering telephone consultations if appropriate but we are still wanting to see you if that is best for you. Please call if you are unsure and a clinician will return your call to guide you.
Second COVID Boosters
A second booster is recommended for those at increased risk of severe illness from COVID-19 – a minimum of 6 months after a first booster. For those who are not considered at risk of severe illness from COVID-19, a two-dose primary course and a first booster dose provides very good protection against severe illness from COVID-19 at this time.
People recommended to receive a second booster as a priority
- people aged 65 years and over
- Māori and Pacific peoples aged 50 years and over
- residents of aged care and disability care facilities
- severely immunocompromised people who received a three-dose primary course and a fourth dose as a first booster (noting this would be a fifth dose for these people)
Other people recommended to receive a second booster as a priority
- people aged 16 years and over who have a medical condition that increases the risk of severe breakthrough COVID-19 illness and
- people aged 16 years and over who live with disability with significant or complex health needs or multiple comorbidities.
In addition, a second booster is available for:
- all people aged 50 years and over
- health, aged care and disability workers aged 30 years and over.
PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH US
We are available and will continue to work hard to ensure you have access to excellent care.
Our phones may run hot so if it's taking a while for us to answer, and you are ok to wait, please consider trying again in another 30 minutes or so.
We plan to keep you updated via The Trader every week, via this website, or call us on 03 689 8016
We remain committed to keeping all our patients up to date with vaccines.
If you, or your child is due a vaccine please phone to arrange an appointment for this.
Influenza vaccines will soon be available and we will advertise this and the process for this soon.
We are actively planning our influenza vaccination clinics. Please go to our vaccine page for more information.